Foxes,
You look at me
From afar
Wondering why I would be
Sleeping
On a bed
Of freshly dead
Leaves
A tree's lost feathers.
I have traveled
Through the moon crescents,
I hid
At the very bottom
Of the deepest blue seas.
And I know you were right.
And I always knew you were right.
Wishing isn't dreaming
But it feels good all the same.
Sleeping isn't living,
That's why it's so boringly sane.
We should all live
Without a plan
Whenever we can
Just try it out,
Take a chance:
Life, it is just a game.
It's alright
To get lost sometimes.
Let's take a wrong turn,
Get out of the map.
I've never learned more
About life,
I've never been more human,
Than the times
I was late.
Bad timing, wrong step...
Foxes, we just stare
At each other
Me in your street,
You in my shelter.
None of us want to be
The first one
Moving away,
In the end we are alike
In more than a few ways.
Foxes,
You and I we will
Stay here
For another dead hour,
Killing minutes for no reason,
Like some kind of Grim Reaper.
And the music,
It comes from nowhere,
From the dead branches of the tree,
Making flowers bloom,
Roses, Forget-me-not,
Daffodils in my room,
Star's lightning in the middle
Of the afternoon.
Awoken birds fly up high,
We have tamed one another.
As you stole the best of me,
We will always be together.
Bad timing, what a shame!
13th October 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment