Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wishing Well

I often wish I was a bird
Flying from tree to tree,
With no care in the world
About what people think of me

And in my mind I am a snowflake
Falling upon the grass,
Watching the world as I melt,
And become one at last

And then my hands start itching,
And my brain starts twitching,
And I end up wishing for something true,

Because my heart it is blinking,
And my eyes they just can't stop burning,
So I end up wishing for something new
I am wishing for you

I am still unable to see the bigger picture,
And I still get lost thinking about the past,
Sometimes I fear the crossroads more than the dead ends,
But I know that one day I will find the bridge
On the very back of my hand.

If then I figure myself out, could I still be free?
Or will too many chains hold me down,
Until I stop breathing?

And now my heart starts aching
And my bones won't stop melting,
So I end up wishing for something true.

Because my body it is breaking,
And my fingers, they just won't stop bleeding,
And I end up wishing for something new

I am wishing for you...





Summer 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment